Have Your MV1484 Sworn By A Notary Today
You’ve just purchased an older vehicle that is, unfortunately, missing some paperwork. When this happens, you will need to have a completed “Unregistered Vehicles and Missing Signatures Declaration” (or MV1484) form brought into our offices to be sworn. You can find this document at any Autoplan office, or print the attachment at the bottom of this article. Then, give us a call at 778-819-8553 to make an appointment.
Please note that this document does require basic legal knowledge. If you’re unfamiliar with this process, it’s important to speak to a lawyer. Luckily, we are both a public notary and a law firm.
Who needs an MV1484 document?
There are 3 cases where you will need to have an MV1484 filled out:
- to allow the registration of an unregistered vehicle
- to allow the transfer of a vehicle when the seller’s signature is missing
- to allow the registration of a vehicle when the purchaser does not have a registration document or acceptable proof of ownership.
What other documents do I need?
If this describes your situation, then you will need to gather some additional information to include on your declaration that includes:
1) The vehicle year, make, model, body style, and VIN.
2) Seller’s name and, if applicable, details of the attempts made to obtain the seller’s signature.
3) Description of any documents available to establish ownership.
4) Where and when the vehicle was purchased, the amount paid, and confirmation that the vehicle conforms to the original manufacturer’s specifications, does not contain parts from other vehicles and is not missing an engine or any major body parts, such as a door or a fender.
If parts were replaced, you must include the names of the individuals or companies (e.g., retailers or auto wreckers) where the major components were purchased, and, if available, the VIN or serial number for all major components.
For a “ubilt” trailer, where and when the trailer was purchased, the amount paid, the names of the individuals or companies (e.g., retailers or auto wreckers) where the major components were purchased, and, if available, the VIN or serial number for all major components.
5) A statement whether or not the vehicle has ever been registered.
6) If the vehicle was purchased from a dealer or licensed auction sales company in Alberta or Saskatchewan include the following information:
- The vehicle was purchased from a dealer or licensed auction sales company (as applicable) in Alberta or Saskatchewan (as applicable),
- The purchaser(s) do not have the vehicle registration document, and
- To the best of their knowledge, the purchaser(s) have proper ownership of the vehicle.
Every circumstance is different so it is important to make sure to talk to your Autoplan agent to see if any particular information needs to be added
We know that your time is important, that’s why at Morris Notary we offer same day appointments. We’ll have your MV1484 document sworn in by our professionals today so you can start enjoying your new (yet old) vehicle.
To book an appointment, give us a call at 778-819-8553 or send us a message. We look forward to helping you get on the road.