Buying and Selling Property Outside Vancouver

February 3, 2016 | Published by

Real Estate Transfers Outside Vancouver

Whether it be for investment, vacation, or simply because real estate in Vancouver is becoming prohibitively expensive, more and more Vancouverites are purchasing properties outside of British Columbia.

This creates a logistical challenge because, as you would know if you have purchased a property before, all of the purchase or sale documents you must sign are specific to the jurisdiction in which the property is located. So if you live in Vancouver and purchase a property in Florida, does that mean you have to fly to Florida to sign the purchase or sale documents?

This is where Vancouver Downtown Notary Public and Kieran Morris come in. We can make life a lot easier for you by liaising with your lawyer or notary public that is handling the purchase or sale of the foreign property and have them send us all of the documentation that is required for you to sign. All you have to do is come in and sign, and we will handle the rest. We will have the documents, notarized, authenticated, or legalized; whatever it is that is required. We will also immediately scan the documents and provide an electronic version of the documents, as well as courier the originals to the necessary people.

Powers of Attorney

Another option is to grant someone close to you a Power of Attorney, which will appoint a local representative to act on your behalf, so that they can handle the purchase or sale documentation process for you. At Vancouver Downtown Notary Public, we can create the Power of Attorney document for you, which might make life a lot easier for you.

If you have any questions about the purchase or sale process outside of British Columbia, or if you would like to know more about Powers of Attorney, please call Vancouver Downtown Notary at 778-819-8553 or email us at [email protected].