Notary Public Services

At Morris Notary we offer a wide range of notary services.

Notary Public and Legal Services

At Morris Notary, your Vancouver Downtown Notary Public, our goal is to provide you with affordable, accessible, and efficient notary public and legal services. Some of the services we provide are:

  • Real Estate Transfers—Buying and Selling

    • At Morris Notary we understand that buying property is one of the biggest financial decisions you will make in your life. We will help you navigate through the conveyancing process, the process of transferring the title on property from the seller to the buyer, by gathering and preparing all required forms and documents
  • Power of Attorney Document

    • A power of attorney is a document that appoints another person, the “attorney”, to make financial and legal decisions for you, as well as make decisions with regards to your property.The power that you grant your attorney can be specific or quite broad. You could limit the authority you grant your attorney to something as simple as cashing your cheques, or extend their authority to be able to deal with all of your assets.
  • Representation Agreement

    • A representation agreement allows you to appoint another person as your legal representative to deal with your financial, legal and personal care decisions if you are unable to make these decisions on your own. This must be an unpaid appointment, so you could not appoint a person that you employ to provide you with personal or health care, or who is employed through a facility from which you receive personal or health care. The only exception to this is if that person is your child, parent, or spouse. Find out more about representation agreements in our notary resources section.
  • Consent Letter for Children Traveling Abroad

    • Child travel consent letters are not a legal requirement in Canada, but they can definitely make travel easier. It is not unlikely that a consent letter will be requested by foreign immigration authorities or by Canadian officials when returning to Canada.We at Vancouver Downtown Notary strongly encourage all Canadian children under the age of majority (19 in British Columbia) to have a consent letter if they are traveling abroad alone, with only one parent or guardian, with friends or relatives, or with a group.The purpose of the child travel consent letter is to show that a child has permission to travel abroad from parents or guardians who are not accompanying them
  • Affidavits

    • An affidavit is a legal document that contains facts that you either swear under oath or affirm to be true. An affidavit is basically the written version of sitting in a witness box in court and giving your evidence to a judge.Strict rules apply when it comes to drafting an affidavit because judges rely on them for evidence. Therefore you must be careful about what you write, how it should be written, and how it is to be sworn or affirmed.
  • Statutory Declarations

    • Like an affidavit, a statutory declaration is a statement of facts made in writing. The person making the written declaration must do so before a commissioner of oaths, such as a notary public or a lawyer, stating that they believe that everything contained in the declaration is true. The effect of this is the same as swearing in court that everything you say as a witness is true.
  • Letter and Document Writing

  • Unregistered Vehicles and Missing Signatures Declaration

    • You might have recently bought an old trailer or motorcycle and found that it does not have it’s proper papers. Whenever the proper supporting documentation is missing, you must sign a very specific statutory declaration called the ‘Unregistered Vehicles and Missing Signatures Declaration’ or MV1484, which can be picked up from an Autoplan office.
  • Wills and Estate Planning

    • From our many years of experience providing legal services in BC, we’ve seen how stressful, overwhelming, and costly it can be for families when there is no proper will or estate plan in place after the death of a loved one. With the help of a wills and estate planning lawyer, you can easily create a legal will or estate today that will not only ensure that your assets go to the recipients you have in mind, but save time and money and prevent unnecessary grief.

Call us at (778) 819-8553 to inquire about our additional notary public services